Sunday, June 6, 2010

Did you buy Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes?

Brandon and I are still new at being married. We will be coming up on our first anniversary in July. So we are still getting to know each other. I feel we know each other really well but every once in a while random things will come up which is so fun. Anyways so like Spring break we planted some tomato plants. Brandon went and bought them and he said that they were cherry tomatoes. Knowing my tomato plants very well, because my dad is the King of tomatoes,(just go to their house now until August and I bet you will leave with one or two bags full of tomatoes!)I thought to myself why are these tomatoes so little?


So the cutest little tomatoes started producing!! Like super little so I was like weird, did we do something wrong? So I let them stay on the vine longer maybe to help beef them up a little. That didn't work. Then I started thinking what if Brandon bought Grape tomato plants instead of Cherry? I asked Brandon and he said " what's the difference?" so I explained to him and used the veggie platters that you get from Costco as the example of the grape tomatoes. It took a while but he finally got it! I took this picture for him! So just in case you didn't know here's why they call them grape and cherry tomatoes!

1 comment:

  1. The are cute and I bet still delicious! We have several plants, too. All different types, and all wonderful. I bet the Gila Valley loves having you there... and congratulations on graduation!

    ReplyDelete