So Disneyland did this promotion thing called "Give a Day Get a Day" so yeah me and two other couples jumped on that idea and did! If you haven't heard of it you give service with certain places and Disneyland will give you a free day at Disneyland!! HOW sweet is that?!?! so we did this in February and planned our trip after we graduated nursing school! so this was our sweet trip to CELEBRATE!!
Since none of us had a car big enough to fit us all my mom let us take her Denali!! sweet!!! we left on the 4th of July after Church and got to see like 6 different fireworks shows! which was AWESOME! I love Fireworks!! we spent the night at my parents house (taking 3 hours off our drive) and left early Monday morning! we decided to spend the night in San Diego right by the Gas Lamp area in this super cute old Hotel! (the elevators had the doors where you had to shut them your selves!)
DAY 1Anyways on the way there we watched some movies and helped a chick change her tire. We decided to find out where the hotels was first and then go to the San Diego Zoo (check in wasn't until 3)!! we got there around 1 and was all excited for the zoo!! we had so so so much fun at the zoo!! I even got to see my first Hippo!! and oh my gosh so huge!! well after about 6 hours of fun staring at animals we were ready to see more of Cali. We jumped in the car and I got a call from my little sister say that Wellsfargo has called about some suspicious activity on my Credit card. and my sister told them that I was in Cali and that I probably used it. so anyways Wellsfargo told her to tell me to call them. So I was like okay I'll call them once we get to the hotel... well we got closer to the Hotel and I was looking for my wallet and couldn't find it.... thinking to my self well maybe it fell out of my purse and in the car somewhere because I didn't take my purse with me to the zoo. I didn't realize exactly what happened until we got to the the hotel to parking lot... yeah we realized we had been robbed.... these robbers were stupid!! there were ipods and other random expensive stuff that they didn't take that were just laying around. but they did take my ENTIRE BAG!! yeah you know the one that has ALL your clothes and ALL your bath room stuff!! oh AND my LAPTOP and my WALLET!! yeah that makes for a great way to begin our trip! I wasn't the only one that had stuff taken Daniel had all of his clothes taken as well! I guess we both have good style for them to take our clothes! they took some movies and Jessica and Ethan got ALL their bathroom stuff take and both of the other couples had a bunch of cash stole!! yeah NOT SO AWESOME!! so we got all our stuff taken care of (cancelling my credit, debit cards, filing a police report) so that night instead of getting all dressed up and checking out the town we went to target and got me and Daniel clothes and other essentials things that were needed. and ate at Wendy's that night. I had a hard time sleeping that night. We had a group Prayer and all decided that since the hotels were already payed for that we'd continue with the trip and that we wouldn't let this ruin our trip!
DAY 2
San Diego temple!! it was so gorgeous even with all the scaffolding up! I was super emotional the whole time I was there but it was because I was so grateful for all the blessings that we have and how helpful everybody was. We did sealings and it was just what I needed I don't' know about everybody else.
We then went to Coronado Island and had the Biggest pizza I have ever seen! then played in the beach!! it was freezing and after you were wet you could never get dry! I forgot how much I LOVE the beach! after all the playing drove to Anaheim for our FREE Disneyland trip! We stayed at the Hilton and once we got to our rooms we all went to the hot tub to get warm!! that night we went to Subway for dinner.
(Jess and I yeah it was cold)
DAY 3
Nobody wanted to wake up for Disneyland and since I love Disneyland I was like a kid on Christmas morning so I got everybody up! Brandon and I were the first to get ready and the others were a bit slower so we went to breakfast without them!! and oh my fancy!! and so Yummy!! well we left to Disneyland and nothing could ruin my day!! we rode three rides before the others got there! 

We had a super time until a bunch of the rides started closing. by the third ride we got to this guy said that there was an EARTHQUAKE somewhere and they had to close the rides to rebut the computers!! then Brandon calls and says "was there just an earthquake?" you see he doesn't do Disneyland all day yet so he went back to the hotel to take a nap on the 14th floor and was woken up to the bed shaking and the TV wobbling! Now this is the first earthquake I have ever been in and I believe I felt it. Valerie and Daniel and I were waiting in line for Snow White and felt the ground move a little but Daniel and Valerie said they didn't feel it. but I did!! anyways the rides were all closed for like an hour or two! Disneyland was super!! FANTASMIC was FANTASTIC!! and the fireworks were FABULOUS as usual!!
(We were all SUPER excited for the Jungle Cruise and their awesome jokes!!)
DAY 4
Brandon and I got up early. Why? I have no idea we spent 16 hours at Disneyland and got back at like 1am. any ways so we were up early and went to the hut tub to relax! We went to Jessica's aunts house (who gave me a pulmeriar plant my most favorite smell in the world) and went to eat with them then to the beach and then left for Phoenix!
It was a FANTASTIC trip regardless of getting robbed and earthquakes!! thanks Jessica and Ethan, Daniel and Valerie and of course Brandon for the super fun trip!!

It looks like so much fun. I am glad that you had a good attitude even with all the drama. I am happy that you survived the earthquake too!!!
ReplyDeletei love the pic where you are on splash mtn. haha. fun times!
ReplyDelete