Monday, May 31, 2010

Our Temple is dedicated!! And the fun stuff that we got to be apart of!

The Cornerstone: We originally thought we couldn't go but I insisted that we go and take the chance of being turned away then take the chance of missing it. So we went and it was open to everybody! We thought it was shown before the 1st dedication but it wasn't.... I guess it was more during. But any ways so we went and got there at 8 AM and stood in line with all the other waiting people. Brandon said that there were probably like 200 people there. And I guess the some people came at like 5! As we waited for everything to start we got to see the Elder Costa, Elder Holland, and President Monson all get dropped off!! It was so great so fun to see everything!! when President Monson came he stood there and talked to people for like 15 min! we couldn't get close enough to talk to him but we could here what he was saying to the people that were closer. We were like 10 feet away from a Prophet of the Lord! OH HOW I LOVED IT!!We didn't get any pictures except for the ones that Brandon took on his phone because Brandon didn't let me take my camera in!
This picture is of us driving away after the cornerstone! WE got to watch ALL the lucky people that got to be in the temple for the dedication while we waited for the cornerstone sealing to start. It's kind of amazing on how many people we know here!
This Picture is from the church article http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/59381/The-Gila-Valley-Arizona-Temple-Cornerstone-ceremony.html that talks about the cornerstone and kind of the highlights of what happened!


This is another picture I got from the article the significances of this picture is that Brandon and I are sort of in it. Just right of the black pole in the top left corner is my face with sunglasses on. Brandon is just next to me! WOOT WOOT!! and yeah that shows how close we were to the Prophet!

Brandon's Cell picture! They were all so funny and witty! I loved being there! Thanks Brandon for being such a great sport and going with me.


Yeah I know this is a week late but yeah here it is: Friday afternoon the day before the they had a dress rehearsal so everybody that didn't have tickets could go. I took full advantage of it and don't worry I was the first one in the stands to save seats! I know I'm super! Any ways I got the BEST SEATS!! I just wish I was there when the Prophet was there. so here are my pictures of the Event! I was so great! Much better then watching it on TV which we did they next day... but whatever it was still awesome and the spirit was still there!
Showing that I was really the first one there for the Rehearsal!
This is the Fanciest I've ever seen EA's football stadium!! It was Quiet an event!!
The Prophet sat in the Third chair in on the left side!! the gentlemen sitting there now is Dr Lunt he did a lot with the Event!
Here are all the kids together! they got to look at the sun while they got instructions!


It was so great! I was there for like 6 hours! The First performance wasn't really a performance more of like practice. So we stayed for the night performance and with the lights and it was so great! I'm so glad we got to be apart of all the fun happenings with our Gila Valley temple! The Temple was dedicated May 23, 2010! The temple is now open!! Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment