Tuesday, January 5, 2010

LAUNDRY Soap Making Party!!

Okay so I have been wanting to make soap since like, the end of August. And I didn't want to make it by myself. So I decided to call it a party and invite some friends that would like to try this out with me!
Okay so a lot of you are probably wondering... well not a lot but who ever reads this... make laundry soap? yeah it totally works in the washer (and I've heard that it can work with the HE washers too) and according to my sister it works well with kids and all the stains they make and it works great with her clothes too!
So here are the things that are needed!
-5gallon bucket with lid
-1 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax
-1 Pink Zote Soap
-1 cup of washing soda ( I used Arm and Hammer)
-3 gallons of warm water
Step 1- put about 4 cups of water into the pan and put it on the stove on high until it's boiling, then lower the heat until it's simmering.
Step 2- while it's heating up, take a bar of soap and cut it into little bits. we used a box grater which worked great but it would have been easier if we would have used the smaller side.
Step 3- When the water is boiling, start throwing in the soap. just a little at a time and stirr until it dissolves.
(We found out the more you stirr the less it will clump and will dissolve the soap faster. we also found out that using a whisk worked better to stir.)
Jessica and Loralynn stirring away!!
Thanks Loralynn
for stirring mine!
Step 4- stir the soapy water with a spoon until all the soap is dissolved. Eventually, the water will take
on the color of the soap you added, abiet paler. In the
end, you'll have some very warm soap soup.

Step 5- Next, get out your large container and add three gallons of warm tap water to it

Step 6- to this bucket add a cup off the washing soda, the borax, and the soap solution you made and stir. After stirring
you'll have a bucket full of vaguely soapy water!
Step 7- let the soap sit for 24hours preferably with a lid on it!


This is was our only mishap while making soap...

yeah that's a whisk!!
or what use to be one!
Pouring the soapy stuff into
my bucket! yeah mine had some
clumps in it.
Here is my final product!!
Yay I can't wait to
use it!!
Valerie came late but this is her soapy goodness!!
hers turned out the best when
we figured out to use
the whisk the whole time!
And us girls with our awesome Laundry soap!!
Thanks girls
for joining me!! It would have
been super boring without you!

I have this email that also breaks down the prices and shows how much cheaper using this stuff then buying other soap and gives some more info about the soap and how much you will need for a
year supply.
If you'd like to leave your email in the comments and I'll send you all the information!
I had so much fun!!
Thanks girls for coming and making soap with me!!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for sharing this great info! How did the whisk get so deformed?! I need to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here my e mail :) megara315@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so neat Heather! Way to go. My email is kimberlee106@gmail.com
    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it turned out well. Let me know how it washes... good documentary, I will have people refer to your blog. You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG yeah!!!!!!!!!! I still wanna know if it works good on your clothes though! Next up: Shampoo! DO IT!@!!! :)

    ReplyDelete