Thursday, May 6, 2010

Awesomeness that has been happening!

This is like 8 different blogs all complied into 1! life has been super crazy but these are some EXCITING
things that have been happening!!
Spring break we started a garden this is pretty much it!
small I know for being my father's
daughter but we have plans for expanding! so for our first garden we started out with tomatoes (weird I know) and cucumbers. ha ha I bought the seeds at the dollars store and can't believe that they actually are growing!! and we have some little green tomatoes growing!!!

I applied for this Nursing scholarship last week and
I got it!!
WOOT WOOT!!
So I went to this awards ceremony and thinking I'd get the check in the envelope that I received and found this... ha ha but yeah I Got my first scholarship ( non sports related) I wrote a sweet essay to get it! I hope SOON comes SOON!!

This is the group Studying for the HESI. Now for those of you who have no idea what HESI is, it's the test that you have to pass with
a 850 or better
to take the board test to become an RN. this test (HESI) can make you pass or not... so yeah pretty big and important test!! talk about pressure!! so us girls all got together and watch
Judith Miller with NCLEX review videos
for like 4 days straight!! our laptops are all out to follow along with a work sheet to help you stay awake! really I think Judith looked like she was going to fall asleep on us! and she has absolutely No emotion!!
Any ways I took my test on Wednesday and 4 hours later I..........PASSED!! with a sweet
852!!
Yes lucky 2!!
this means I have officially passed FOURTH BLOCK!! and am for sure
GRADUATING
NURSING SCHOOL NEXT WEEK!!
I thought this day would never come!!

This is AWESOME!! okay so starting every Thursday to Saturday there are yard sale signs posted on this corner. People all over the area put their boxes stating they are having a "Yard Sale" including addresses. So every Saturday morning if you get up early and drive by this corner you will see people out side writing down all the addresses of all the yard sales!
You're probably thinking why does Heather know all of this? well it's sad to admit but we do this!! Saturday morning (when we wake up early) Brandon would park the truck I'd run outside with a pad and paper and write down all the address! we'd bring our phone book (has the whole valley mapped out with street names) and start heading to the sales!! Remember how I said that lots of people did this? yeah it's really funny because we'd go to like 4 or 5 yard sales and see the same people at ALL of them!! Like one time we saw these two older couples talking at a yard sale and I over heard them saying how there wasn't anything good this week. Like this was their every Saturday ritual!! Oh I love it!!
The week before they posted this sign I counted
15 Yard sale signs
I think the people got tired of throwing away all the yard sale signs. so this is legit! It even has a city ordinance code number! needless to say we are sad about our lack of knowledge of ALL the yard sales in town but so funny how they had to post a sign!!!
The sign says
"Please do not place advertisements including Yard Sale signs"
bah ha!!

on Friday April 23 Brandon and I had the opportunity to help be ushers in the temple for the first day of the public open house!! it was FABULOUS!! We got there an hour early and got our instructions on what to do (direct people, smile and welcome with your presence) then we got our assignments. We got assigned to the temple (which we were super excited about) I got assigned to the first room guest come into the temple. I ushered people to come to the front of the room, then made sure they went through the right hall. (there was only one hall) but it was so much fun! and hello standing in the temple for 5 hours and rubbing shoulders with the temple President and Elder Walker was SUCH a great experience! Brandon was down the hall from me the first part which was totally fun because then when there was down time I could give him cute looks! ( I know we're cheesy!) :) but then he switched to be booty duty (donning the slippers for the guest that walk through the temple, they protect the floors and carpet in the temple.) It was fun until the usual hurricane winds picked up and the and then it was freezing from the misters that were suppose to be watering the grounds! but he still enjoyed! Since then I've helped with serving cookies, medical staff, and ushering again! this time I was a booty duty person! it was so much fun! sorry that was super long!

This is one of our favorite local places and
I LOVE that they put this sign out!




Our GRASS is GREEN!! and it is so great!! we love laying on it when it's not hurricane winds of course!!
but we really are so impressed on how
thick it has come in!!






This is our front yard grass... not as good as our back yard but this is how our back yard looked for a while!! but hey it's growing!! and is going to look super!!


Brandon and I have finally painted!!! WOOT WOOT!! So ever since we have been married I have been going to Home Depot

to look at colors and I'd get samples and samples but never could get it right. This last
March when Brandon accompanied me to Home Depot he pulls this blue and the green out in 5 min!!! he got the tan color too dark so we went with a little lighter color! but still really Brandon why didn't you just come with me and look at colors for forever ago!!?! anyways I totally LOVE the colors! and we had a blast painting!


Here is our kitchen!! and the green is my super favorite!! We never realized how tall our ceilings were until we painted! Lets just say I am afraid of heights and did not like being up there painting!

LAST THE BEST OF ALL THE GAME!!
What's different in this picture?
What? you say the painted walls?
The new/revamped entertainment center?
The lack of the monster amount of nursing books?
The dish box?
Oh the GIANT FLAT SCREEN TV!!
Yes thank you tax return!!
and HELLO HD!!
my eyes are loving this!

Question: Should I paint bead board and enclose the back of the entertainment center?

5 comments:

  1. no don't enclose the entertainment center i love that u can see through it... super cute! and OK i totally just painted my kitchen green last night... i'm not done with it yet got some finishing touches to do still but i love ur's and am so excited now for mine! Great Minds Think Alike! (yes i just tooted my own horn!) "peep peep"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! Lots has been going on! Congrats on passing your test. What a relief!!! Everything looks so cute in your house and I'm jealous of your garden. That is my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I am not quite understanding your test that you took.. You said that you needed an 850 to pass then said you got a 582 or something??? Clarify for me or did I just read it wrong? Your house looks awesome and I am jealous of the new TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heather, this is seriously the longest post i have ever seen! ha ha. now your going to get the longest comment ever!!

    great job passing the hesi! you are a rock star! seeing that picture of you guys studying made me miss you all! :(

    that is so cool how much you and Brandon have been able to volunteer @ the Temple. i took the tour the other day and WOW. the mural in the ordinance room was sa-weet! don't you love the chandeliers?? i was blown away. what a blessing to have a temple in the gila valley!

    i'm super jealous of your lawn. remember how we used to go study on the grass @EA, now you just go right outside your back door. amazing!

    i super love the way you guys painted. it makes it feel a lot homey-er(let's just pretend that's a new word).

    and DUH! everything is better with bead board! haha. i wouldn't paint it black though, do a contrast color. like the tan on your wall. or the red that's on the "HOME" blocks to tie it all together and really jazz it up. it would really make all the cutsie decorations pop! hey if you don't like it you can always paint over it, right?

    looks like you guys are doing really great! that makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally close it in and paint it!!! Congrats on passing the test and being DONE! Thats so exciting! I'm totally jealous of all your cute house decorating, inside and out!!

    ReplyDelete